Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Body Ballancer®?
The Body Ballancer® is a versatile relaxing and invigorating pressotherapy system that uses the proven principles of lymphatic drainage massage to deliver a multi-faceted, effective answer to a number of body issues, providing excellent results in the battle against cellulite, loss of skin tone and is superb in helping to achieve optimal health.
A course of Body Ballancer® massages will reduce the appearance of cellulite, firming, smoothing and toning the skin and reducing volume in the abdomen, upper arms, buttocks and legs that are most commonly affected by fluid retention.
What is Pressotherapy?
Also known as ‘compression therapy’, pressotherapy is an advanced form of lymphatic drainage massage that uses specially designed garments that gently inflate to precise, pre-set pressures.
A pressotherapy treatment is often described as having a team of massage therapists working on the body simultaneously to flush out excess fluid, toxins and metabolic waste.
How long has it been around?
Still little known in the UK, pressotherapy has a considerable medical pedigree that dates back to the 1950’s when the first machines were introduced to treat life-changing conditions such as lymphoedema and fibrosis, painful conditions that could cause swelling or excessive scarring.
Over the years, these medical-grade systems have evolved into multi-use devices with sophisticated garments capable of delivering a consistent and highly effective lymphatic massage to the treated area.
Pressotherapy is a now well-known and accepted aesthetic treatment in many countries, capable of delivering impressive cosmetic benefits as well as improving overall health and wellbeing by enhancing the function of the lymphatic system.
How does it work?
The Body Ballancer® uses patent protected inflating compression garments to apply a gentle to firm massage. Each garment contains 24 individual air chambers that overlap to apply fluent compression strokes that target every inch of the treated area.
This massage motion, with its special direction of flow, increases circulation and gently but thoroughly decongests the problem areas of hips, thighs, buttocks (Ballancer® pants) and upper arms (Ballancer® jacket).
The Body Ballancer® action accelerates the removal of waste products and excess fluid via the lymphatic system, reducing the appearance of cellulite, improving skin tone, and reducing volume in areas affected by excess fluid retention whilst Its gentle, rhythmic action promotes relaxation.
What areas can be treated?
Two specialised garments are used to treat the upper and lower parts of the body. The Ballancer ® pants treats the lower abdomen, buttocks, hips, thighs and entire lower leg whilst the Ballancer® jacket treats the upper abdomen, arms and back.
What are the benefits of using the Body Ballancer®?
The Body Ballancer® offers benefits in the following areas:
- Cellulite and skin tone: Boosting the supply of fresh, oxygenated blood to the tissues will result in a significant improvement in cellulite and skin quality, leaving it firm and toned.
- Slimming and body contouring: Improvements in the lymphatic and circulatory systems will lead to the rapid elimination of excess fluid, reducing volume and ‘puffiness’ in the treated areas in as little as a single treatment.
- Health and wellness: A healthy, well-functioning lymphatic system will have a positive impact on the immune, digestive and nervous systems as waste, toxins and pathogens are removed from the body more quickly and effectively.
Can you tell me more about the health benefits?
The Body Ballancer® is clinically designed to stimulate the body’s lymphatic system, which performs three critical functions:
- Aiding the immune system by removing waste, cell debris and other toxins from the body tissues and destroying any bacteria and viruses identified in this ‘cleaning-up’ process
- Absorbing fats and fat-soluble vitamins from the digestive system, ensuring delivery of these nutrients into the bloodstream to be delivered to all cells of the body
- Eliminating water retention by removing excess fluid – ‘lymph’ – from the spaces between the cells of the body, reducing the uncomfortable swelling and puffiness associated with this condition.
How many treatments will I need?
This will depend on the particular body issue being treated.
- Cellulite and skin tone improvements usually require a course, the usual recommendation being a series of 12 treatments spread over three to four weeks.
- Used both pre and post-liposculpture, Body Ballancer® will improve the results of both invasive and non-invasive techniques. One or two sessions right up to the day of the procedure will help boost lymphatic flow and will clear the area of excess fluid; after treatment, a course of 4 or 6 will reduce the bruising and swelling caused by the body’s natural response to the trauma caused to the body tissues; the desired body shape will be achieved faster and with less discomfort.
- For bloating and puffiness caused by excess water retention, significant results can be obtained in as little as a single session.
Describe a typical treatment?
Depending on the area to be treated, you will be helped into the trousers or jacket before reclining comfortably on the treatment couch. The garment will then be attached to a computerised air-compression device that will be programmed to apply exactly the right amount of pressure into all or a combination of the 24 individual but overlapping air chambers.
Once the treatment starts, the gradual and gentle inflation of the garment will provide a smooth, flowing massage over the entire treated area, providing a relaxing, enjoyable, even comforting experience. When the treatment is complete, the garment will automatically deflate and you will emerge feeling lighter, more energised and refreshed.
What should I wear to a treatment?
Please come wearing comfortable clothes that cover the area to be treated – jeans, trousers or leggings with socks if treating the lower body or a soft, long sleeved top if treating the upper body. We advise that no bare skin touches the garment for reasons of hygiene, but should you not be wearing any of the above, a disposable garment will be provided for you.
Are there any contra-indications?
Use of the Body Ballancer® is not recommended where the following conditions are present:
- Pain and or numbness that has not been evaluated by a physician
- Ischemic vascular disease including pain at rest and gangrene
- Uncontrolled Congestive heart failure or unstable cardiac disease
- Known or suspected deep vein thrombosis
- Infected skin or an infected open wound
If there is any uncertainty about whether a contraindication might be present, the person to be treated must consult his/her physician prior to treatment.
What makes the Body Ballancer® better than other systems on the market?
The Body Ballancer® is the only aesthetic pressotherapy system on the market with a solid medical pedigree, due to the clinical experience of the manufacturer, the Israeli based Mego Afek. After 35 years as the global market leader in medical compression therapy, they have been able to combine their years of medical research, cutting edge technology and clinically proven results to the aesthetic market in the form of the Body Ballancer.
Unlike manufacturers of other devices on the market, Mego Afek specialise purely in developing and manufacturing pressotherapy systems, using patent protected, innovative technologies. Their research and development team keep their products at the leading edge of technology by constantly adapting and creating new products and features according to market needs, including:
- State of the art design and manufacturing
- The highest quality, most accurate systems available
- User-friendly design whatever the target market – professional, home and medical use
- Unique and innovative features