BODY BALLANCER® HAS BEEN CLINICALLY PROVEN TO REDUCE LIMB AND BODY SWELLING
Water retention refers to the body’s storage of fluids within the circulatory system or body tissues and is caused when this fluid is not effectively removed by the lymphatic system, but is retained in body tissues where it causes swelling – or oedema. It’s most common in the feet and legs, but it can occur in the hands, arms, thighs and abdomen.
There are many causes, but some of the most common are:
- injury or post-operative strain
- standing upright for long periods of time
- consumption of salty foods
- hormonal imbalances – particularly in women
- some medications, such as antidepressants, painkillers and blood pressure medication
- after air travel, when long periods of inactivity cause the tissues to swell
- hot weather, where the body reacts by storing water in case of dehydration
Put simply, swelling from water retention occurs when the lymphatic system is overwhelmed by the amount of fluid to be removed either because an unusually large amount is being produced – as in a number of the examples above – or because the lymphatic system is not working effectively due to illness (such as lymphoedema) or trauma (such as an accident or surgery).
The gentle wave-like action of the Body Ballancer® is clinically proven to reduce limb and body swelling by effectively moving the excess fluid into and through the lymphatic vessels and boosting blood circulation. Both of these combined lead to the rapid elimination of excess fluid through the body’s normal waste removal process, reducing volume and discomfort in as little as a single treatment.